Thank you to historical blogger J.G. Burdette for nominating Midwest Mary for the”Lovely Blog Award.” The recognition, which really in this case means award, is humbling. Now that the badge is stamped on my blog I feel even more obligated to present positive, thoughtful, entertaining and well-written posts. Please let me know where I fall short and where I hit the mark. I’m also open to suggestions for future posts.
The award simply means that one other blogger likes my blog. But I especially appreciate this because of the outstanding blog J.G. writes. It also is fun to be recognized and allows my blog some exposure as it is listed in a post on not only the nominating blogger’s site but also all those who I nominate.
The Rules for accepting the nomination are that the nominee: 1. Thank the blogger who offered the nomination; 2. Post the One Lovely Blog emblem on their blog; 3. List seven random facts about themself; 4. Nominate fifteen other bloggers for the award. 5. Send a message to those nominees informing them of their nomination.
So, in keeping with the rules, thank you once again J.G. Burdette for the nomination. You will find the lovely-“Lovely Blog Award” badge on the left side of my blog. And here are seven random facts about myself.
1. I really, really, really love my family.
2. I could live on olives and cheese (and bread and salad and chocolate and tea and a little wine and. . . )
2. “Box Jumper” can be listed on my resume.
4. I love Hawaii (Who doesn’t?)
5. I won a cherry pie baking contest from Northern Illinois Gas Company when I was in 8th grade.
6. I’ve picked up quilting once again after more than twenty years and am enjoying it very much.
7. My middle name is Kathleen and my father used to sing “Take Me Home Again Kathleen” to me when I was little.
And here are the 15 blogs I nominate. You should check them out as well as J.G. Burdette‘s.
©Mary K. Doyle