Since all of my presentations are on hold, I’ve had extra time on my hands. I’m not one to sit around and watch TV. I can get depressed and lonely living alone and distanced from loved ones. So, I keep busy.
The past few weeks I changed all the doorknobs in the house from worn brass to polished nickel, hung a rod in the guest bath, hung racks in the garage, installed a timer for the outside front door light, organized my tools and hardware, shredded office files, baked, quilted, wrote, and read.
I also made a headboard for the guest bedroom. The normal way would be to attach covered foam to plywood and hammer nails where you would want tufting. However, I simply covered foam with fabric and used an assortment of buttons I had. I sewed the buttons with a long needle to pull them in as much as I could. The tufting isn’t dramatic, but I’m happy enough with the end result.
The headboard is light, so I sewed a band across the top of the back and hung the headboard on the wall with a row of teacup holders. The total project cost under $50 and took me most of a day to complete.